[cfe-dev] Parse an ast file using compiler instance

kwadwo amankwa que at lunarblack.com
Thu Aug 14 10:58:45 PDT 2014

Hi ,
I'm writing a small program that transforms  source into an AST file
(for merging with other files later) . I am now trying to read the ast
file , and parse the AST. I have been able to read the file into an
ASTUnit object and am now  trying to parse the AST using a compiler
instance .

I have already written a front-end action, ast consumer and a recursive
visitor and have attempted to parse the ast using the method from the
Recursive Visitor tutorial but to no avail. Can anyone show me how I
would parse an ast  using the ASTUnit and Compiler Instance(If that is
the right way)?