[cfe-dev] Clang ABI library

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 03:25:43 PDT 2014

On 14 Aug 2014, at 11:10, DeadMG <wolfeinstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Officially, IR-level interoperation with Clang isn't supported at all right now, and the CodeGen interfaces are private. I figure that before I start working on patches and providing interfaces, I want to find out if this is something that the Clang devs in general want to move forward with. My machine is very slow and building LLVM/Clang takes some time, so I'd really rather not get cracking only to find out that my patches are unwanted.

I would love to see this as an official part of clang with a stable[1] (C or C++, don't care) public interface for external consumers.  Sign me up to review patches!

David

[1] Or, at least, mostly stable.  i.e. backwards source compatible between releases, with one full release of deprecation before old APIs are removed.