[cfe-dev] PR16833 - Analyzer hangs trying to analyze

Aleksei Sidorin a.sidorin at samsung.com
Tue Aug 12 23:57:41 PDT 2014

Hello. I think the problem is a bit more complicated and is related to
every case statement with a big amount of cases, not range cases only.
Here is a sample file:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/qemu/+/master/target-mips/translate.c
Analyzer can consume over 70 Gb of RAM while analyzing it and it is not
enough - it crashes due to lack of memory.
It seems like the problem is an exponential growth of number of
ExplodedNodes generated for every 'switch' but I'm not sure (I didn't
investigate it yet).