[cfe-dev] Standalone tools

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 00:51:48 PDT 2014

On Sunday 27 April 2014 15:31:53 Dmitri Gribenko wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> > It would be nice if the header files could be embedded in the tool (the
> > executable).
>
> Now that Clang has a VFS, this should not be hard to implement.

I have been doing that even before clang had a VFS.

The idea is using cmake to put the content of the file in the binary

Using this cmake script
https://github.com/woboq/moc-ng/blob/master/src/CMakeLists.txt#L57
and
https://github.com/woboq/moc-ng/blob/master/src/embedded_includes.h.in
This puts the file contents into the binary

Then I added a "-I/builtins" to the command line, and used
ToolInvocation::mapVirtualFile to expose the files:
http://code.woboq.org/mocng/src/main.cpp.html#354

--
Olivier