[cfe-dev] Building a clang toolset for Visual Studio

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Mon Sep 30 16:56:52 PDT 2013

You can build the package from source by building the 'package' target from
a CMake build directory on Windows.  It requires both cmake and the
Nullsoft installer system (NSIS) as dependencies.

I believe the ninja and VS project generators work equally well for
building the package.  I use ninja and recommend it because it is faster.
 You would follow steps like:

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk llvm/tools/clang
mkdir llvm/build