[cfe-dev] How to compile Clang for ARM Linux on x86_64 Linux?

Anton Smirnov dev at antonsmirnov.name
Sat Sep 28 22:16:38 PDT 2013

Since tblgen need host compile to be done I've decided to do everything
from scratch.

mkdir & cd in new build folder
cmake ../llvm
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/asmirnov/llvm_cmake_host_installed
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
make
make install

The first time i've used autotools to configure and make clang for host.
Now i decided to use cmake.

Now i don't have clang-tblgen executable for some reason (it was while
using autotools but i refused to use it due to previous attempt ld errors):
asmirnov at vmb:/Users/asmirnov/llvm_cmake_host_installed/bin$ find
/Users/asmirnov/llvm_cmake_host_installed -name "*tblgen"
/Users/asmirnov/llvm_cmake_host_installed/bin/llvm-tblgen

Is it okay? Why while using cmake clang-tblgen was not done.
There were no errors while cmake or make.

Regards, Anton.