[cfe-dev] Why does Visual C++ 2012 hate FunctionDecl* ?

Greg_Bedwell at sn.scee.net Greg_Bedwell at sn.scee.net
Mon Sep 23 09:05:49 PDT 2013

I've not spent any time trying to figure out what precisely it is about
FunctionDecl* that it doesn't like, but I came up with a quick workaround
should at least prevent it from taking out the entire IDE every time you
dare to hover your mouse over one!  Put the following file into
"Documents/Visual Studio 2012/Visualizers".  Now when you try to inspect
one, either through the Watch view or by hovering over it, it will show
"Cannot display this without crashing VS2012.  Expand at your peril!" with
a tempting little '+' icon next to it.  Clicking the icon will still crash
the IDE, but at least you've been warned first :-).

Greg Bedwell
SN Systems - Sony Computer Entertainment Group
http://www.snsys.com