[cfe-dev] Clang 3.3: --analyze produces object file full of XML (plist)

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 12:13:37 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing some odd behavior with trying to build libevent under Clang
> 3.3. Its an auto tools project, but I have things narrowed down to a
> clang invocation with and without the --analyze option.
>
> I'm seeing the issue on Mac OS X 10.8.5 (x64) (fully patched) and
> Ubuntu 12.10 (x64) (fully patched).
My bad... if anyone is interested in trying to reproduce, fetch
libevent-2.0.21-stable.tar.gz from http://libevent.org/. Then:

$ export CC=/usr/local/bin/clang CXX=/usr/local/bin/clang++
$ ./configure
$ make CC="/usr/local/bin/clang --analyze" CXX="/usr/local/bin/clang++
--analyze"

If you try to pass --analyze through CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS, then configure will die.

Jeff