[cfe-dev] AddressSanitizer with MSVC linker errors

Szymon Gatner szymon.gatner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 12:27:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

I just downloaded Windows / MSVC Clang installer. Integration with VC++2012
went fine and I am able to build executables with LLVM toolchain (YEY!) but
after adding "-fsanitize=address" I am getting:

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
___asan_report_store4 referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___asan_report_load4
referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___asan_report_load1
referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___asan_init_v3
referenced in function _asan.module_ctor

I did see Chandler using it in his talk on GN2013 so I assume I am doing
something wrong.

Since this is my first post on this list I also want to thank all you guys
for this awesome compiler. I recently have of pleasure using it on OS X
(tho XCode sucks) and it would be just the best thing if I could also
switch to Cland on Windows. Thanks again!

Regards,
Szymon Gatner