[cfe-dev] Slightly improved clang-format vim integration

Steffen Prohaska prohaska at zib.de
Mon Sep 16 10:14:57 PDT 2013

On Sep 16, 2013, at 6:04 PM, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:

> Steffen, I believe the idea of your patch is great. Unfortunately it has from my point two issues:
>
> 1) You rely on features of very recent vim versions

I've addressed this in in the revised script that I've just sent in a separate mail.

> As this is not a complicated plugin, there seems no reason to drop support for older vim versions.
>
> 2) You require python in the .vimrc file
>
> I would prefer to not require python in the .vimrc, but have the plugin report an error when it is called without python support.

Python has also been required by the previous version of the script.  So my proposed changes don't make the situation worse.

I agree that a full plugin would be ideal.  I think that it would ideally be hosted in a separate git repo on Github, so that Pathogen or Vundle can be used to install it.  However, I don't plan to create such a plugin anytime soon.

	Steffen