[cfe-dev] RFC: A proposal to move toward using C++11 features in LLVM & Clang / bounding support for old host compilers

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Oct 29 13:31:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:

> Ok.  If no-one has an objection, then putting it in the release notes (and
> the announcement email!) makes sense.  We can make the switch a few weeks
> after the release if no one has strongly objected.

So far, I'm not hearing any significant objections.

I'm going to put the plan of record about this into the release notes, and
I'll write up a blog post about it and do some other things which will
likely make enough noise to ensure we aren't missing people's objections
over the next few weeks. (Maybe at the dev meeting! ;]) By the time we go
to branch the release, we should know if there are any latent concerns from
folks.

Thanks for all the discussion so far!

(And I'll happily carry on discussing the meta issue of how C++11 should
look when used in LLVM, not trying to close that down.)

-Chandler