[cfe-dev] RFC: A proposal to move toward using C++11 features in LLVM & Clang / bounding support for old host compilers

Michael Steinberg michael.steinberg at tu-clausthal.de
Mon Oct 28 13:24:46 PDT 2013

Am 28.10.2013 11:55, schrieb Yaron Keren:
> Here is a table detailing C++11 features support for Visual C++ 2010,
> 2012, 2013
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh567368.aspx
>
> Specifically, range-based for loops are supported in Visual C++ 2012,
> 2013 but not in 2010.
>
> Yaron

Hi!
I realise that I should not be posting here, I just wanted to note that
what the table says and what is reality is a huge difference. VC++ 2013
(RTM) ships with advertised features for which there are many open bug
reports (wrong compilation, internal compiler crashes in certain real
non-esoteric use cases) in their bug tracker, some of which prevented me
using certain features. So checking that table for support can only be a
first direction.

Michael