[cfe-dev] Will Sema break from replacing its CodeGen in the middle of TU ?

Yaron Keren yaron.keren at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 23:04:01 PDT 2013

While compiling C++ code, I'm trying to make different function and
template from the same TU go into different IR modules, in order to support
sort of lazy compilation with the MCJIT.

I have tried to replace Sema CodeGen in the middle of TU. It sometimes
worked but mostly crashed while running the code.

It's clear that something is wrong but I am not sure if it's because it
breaks something in Sema-CodeGen interface assumptions or for other reason,
possibly related to MCJIT dynamic linker.

Can I use Sema+CodeGen like that?

Yaron