[cfe-dev] Clang and libc++ in FreeBSD 10

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 18 03:04:40 PDT 2013

On 18 Oct 2013, at 10:59, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:

> 18.10.2013, 13:43, "David Chisnall" <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk>:
>> We currently still retain libgcc_s for the generic unwinder (we'd be very interested in the Apple one if it were moved into compiler-rt), and GNU binutils for the linker and some other utilities
>
> Why not use libunwind?

Mainly lack of time for anyone to work on integrating it into the system.  It's been on my to-do list for about a year, but never been a sufficiently high priority.  It will probably move up a bit after 10.0 is released.

Having looked at the Apple code, it seems a bit cleaner (although does need some refactoring so that the CPU and OS-dependent chunks are isolated rather than being big tangles of #ifdefs).

Whichever route we go, we'll need to reimplement some of the helper functions that various personality functions use on ARM.

David