[cfe-dev] Linking in clang on Windows

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Mon Oct 14 09:21:55 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Edward Diener <
eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com> wrote:

> On 10/9/2013 9:22 PM, Hans Wennborg wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Edward Diener

>>> I have a patch that adds documentation about clang-cl. It should land
>>> today.
>>>

>> Here are the docs I was referring to:
>> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/**UsersManual.html#clang-cl<http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#clang-cl>
>>

> With what version of VC++ is clang in Windows trying to be compatible ? Is
> it whatever version is used to build clang from the Visual Studio IDE ?

We haven't found any major language ABI incompatibilities between 2010,
2012, and 2013 yet, so we haven't had to add any version specific logic.
 If we discover an incompatibility and deem it important enough to
implement both versions, then we'll probably use -fmsc-version to decide
which behavior the user gets.