[cfe-dev] How could I get clang with musl into fresh linux distribution?

Henri Tuhola henri.tuhola at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 06:23:16 PDT 2013

Hello

I've been excited about possibility to make it easier to create linux
distribution from scratch. For that I've been working on a study linux
distribution that I call lelux: https://github.com/cheery/lelux

If I wanted to get my distribution further than this I should get a
compiler inside the distribution. I suppose clang would be easy target
because it's well-structured and based on LLVM, which is itself really sane
project. I would also like if it used musl instead of glibc.

So, how could I compile myself a clang, which compiles software with musl,
and would work within a really bare linux distribution, such as the one I
made with handful of system files?

I've seen and tried http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/BuildingLLVM but I
wonder if things have changed since that page was written.