[cfe-dev] Linking in clang on Windows

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Thu Oct 10 13:30:05 PDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 4:00 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com>
> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> I am assuming that clang in Windows should work from the VS2012
>> command prompt.
>
> For some definition of "work".

By work I merely meant "compile and link so that the proper executables
to do so are found". I realize there is still a way to go which is why I
am trying to contribute some test/fixes from the Boost side, and
report/discuss any problems I find.

> For C++ development, Clang+VS has a long
> way to go to attain alpha stage, IMO. Clang+MinGW is more mature, but
> some common features are still missing.

I am working with Clang+VS. I use MingW with gcc under Windows but I
would really like to see clang work natively from a Windows command
prompt, not a MingW console.