[cfe-dev] building LLVM/Clang on Windows 7 x64 using MinGW/MSYS

Dennis Cote DennisC at harding.ca
Thu Oct 10 07:31:01 PDT 2013

Hi Yaron,

I am using the 32 bit MinGW tools, so that may be the problem. I would have hoped for an "out of memory" error from the linker rather than an access violation, but I know many programmers assume there will never be a memory problem on today's machines.

I will have to try the 64 bit version Mikael linked to, to see if the 32 bit linker is actually running out of memory address space.

Thanks to you and Mikael for the tips.

Dennis Cote