[cfe-dev] Clang compiling

Jean-Paul jpv-chikara at pandora.be
Mon Oct 7 07:27:18 PDT 2013

Hi,

I don't know to who i have to ask this..but i find this e-mail address
in this website:
http://clang.llvm.org/index.html

I don't know anything about compiling..my hobby is testing Chess engines
,do this more then
20 years now. i get from different programmers there new/beta engines to
test..

I have installed some programs and with a guide i can make compiles in
windows using this
command line: make profile-build ARCH=x86-64-modern COMP=mingw

So i get Stockfish (a chess engine) source..and it makes a Stockfish.exe
file and i can use it,test it
out and so on..with every compile i check the speed..it has a build-in
Benchmark..just typing bench
and i get a number nodes/sec. that shows me his speed.
In Chess is very important to get highest speed!

On a chess forum i read about compiling with Clang..and on the Clang
website i read that compiling
with Clang can be 3 times faster then GCC !!
So that would be amazing for Chess calculatings! even i get a gain from x1.5

Now is my request to someone who can make a Clang compile for me
,because i'am very
curious to see this speed difference!

The source you can download from here:
https://github.com/mcostalba/Stockfish/tree/c++11
Just click on Download ZIP
and when you open this folder you will see Stockfish source

If this e-mail is not to the right person ,can you please forward it to
someone who can make
this compile for me..i would appreciate it very much!

Kind regards,
Jean-Paul.