[cfe-dev] Optionally suppress debug info for inlined calls?

Robinson, Paul Paul_Robinson at playstation.sony.com
Mon Nov 25 10:57:53 PST 2013

In general on our platform we don't want debug info for inlined calls
(messy, awkward things) but some people still like to see them.  Currently
we turn them off unconditionally in our private tree, but we'd like to put
this under command-line control and send it upstream.  Does anyone mind if
I do this?  I was thinking a command-line option along the lines of
      -g[no-]inlined-scopes
We'd default to No on our target, Yes everywhere else.  If you turn these
off, you don't get DW_TAG_inlined_scope, and the source location info for
all the inlined code becomes the call site (single-stepping would act like
it's an external call that you step over).

Thanks,
--paulr