[cfe-dev] Bug 17824: parse error in typedef union with -fms-extensions

Richard Smith richard at metafoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 15:17:30 PST 2013

+      // GNU libc++ uses certain MS keywords as identifiers.

"libc", not "libc++". Maybe specifically say that it uses __uptr, since
that's the only one we're special-casing.

+      if (VendorAttributesAllowed && !getLangOpts().CPlusPlus &&
+          DS.isEmpty() && NextToken().is(tok::semi) &&
+          PP.getSourceManager().isInSystemHeader(Loc)) {

I'm worried about the generality of this check. An abstract-declarator
could legitimately contain "T *__uptr", followed by a semicolon. Can you
pass in D.mayOmitIdentifier(), and treat __uptr as an identifier only if
(1) the identifier cannot be omitted, and (2) the next token is a semicolon?