[cfe-dev] clang --analyze: how do I get more verbose diagnostics?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Nov 19 08:59:36 PST 2013

In article <20131119113333.GA5152 at britannica.bec.de>,
    Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 09:54:17PM -0700, Richard wrote:
> > We use SCons for our build system.  When I run 'scan-build scons
> > <args>', my build runs for a long time and reports various warnings
> > from the analysis as it runs.
>
> I would recomment starting by replacing scons, but at the very least
> sure that your construct honors CC etc from environment.

Sorry, but suggesting someone replace their build system is not
going to be taken seriously.  This also runs contrary to the entire
point of scan-build.

If my build environment wasn't getting clang for compilation, then I
wouldn't be getting clang analysis diangostics in the output of the
build as I already stated was happening.

Clearly it is running as I get these .plist directories with HTML
reports in them.  What I don't get is a summary report that combines
the .plist directory contents.   Also, from reading the description of
scan-build, it implies that all the reports are put in a directory in
/tmp, which clearly isn't happening.