[cfe-dev] clang --analyze: how do I get more verbose diagnostics?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Nov 18 20:54:17 PST 2013

OK, I'm still having a hard time getting useful results from this,
even when I use scan-build.

We use SCons for our build system.  When I run 'scan-build scons
<args>', my build runs for a long time and reports various warnings
from the analysis as it runs.

When the whole thing finally finishes, scan-build claims that there is
nothing to report and I'm left with a bunch of *.plist directories in
the current directory from where I invoked scan-build.

If I look in these .plist directories, there are HTML files that
contain a report of the different warnings that were reported during
the build process.

So, I'm confused.

1) Why does scan-build claim there is nothing wrong when clearly a
bunch of analysis warnings were emitted during the build process?

2) Why are these .plist directories laying around?