[cfe-dev] [RFC] Win32 SEH Implementation

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Thu Nov 14 23:38:13 PST 2013

I don't know who you are, but I highly doubt you are a patent attorney
practicing in the US. As a consequence, I don't think you are really in a
good position to claim what would or would not infringe on patents, to
accurately portray them, and to give an opinion on if they are valid and
when all valid patents in any particular are might or might not expire.

Please don't discuss patents or legal issues on the mailing list. The LLVM
project mailing lists are not suitable forums for discussing such things.
If you want to discuss aspects of patents or other intellectual property
law, I would strongly encourage you to speak directly to your attorney
instead.

Please, let's all end this email discussion here. Many members of this list
are under corporate obligations to not discuss or even read rumor and
hearsay regarding patents, so having even meta discussions and debates on
the subject places all of them in the terrible position of having to pull
back from interacting with the open source community.