[cfe-dev] clang --analyze: how do I get more verbose diagnostics?

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Thu Nov 14 09:27:10 PST 2013

Hi, Richard. "clang --analyze” is not intended to be a usual interface for the analyzer, merely an invocation that higher-level tools can use. The correct way to run the analyzer, even on a single file, is through the scan-build tool, which provides HTML output that shows you the full path to the purported bug. (Or through Xcode, of course, if you’re on a Mac.)

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Jordan