[cfe-dev] "clang.org"

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Thu Nov 14 03:58:44 PST 2013

On 13/11/2013 15:53, Yaron Keren wrote:
> These ideas and the website are great.
>
> Regarding who links to who and why, consider that  googling for
> "clang" leads to http://clang.llvm.org/ as the first result,
> while http://clang.org/ isn't in the first 30  (maybe more) results.

So, I investigated and figured out the reason..

I'd added a robots.txt to exclude it from Google / Bing, back when
trying to clear the previous owner's parking site from the results page.

This cleanup was the reason we originally got the site, given we ship
our product with 'clang' branded binaries and the sketchy content was a
problem for us. I think we just never remembered / had a need to remove
the suppression afterwards.

Anyway, removed now. Well noticed!

>From experience the site should show up higher in the search results in
a few days once the discussion on cfe-dev gets crawled.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts