[cfe-dev] [ARM] Removing v7s/v7f/v7k and cortex-a9-mp

Bradley Smith bradley.smith at arm.com
Thu Nov 14 02:55:28 PST 2013

> > Ok, if your main concern is to get rid of the cortex-a9-mp cpu, then
> I would follow Renato's suggestion of just adding a -mattr=+mp option.
> I don't see a bigger change like you suggested below is worth it.
> >
> > Evan
>
> That would work, but it would be good to clean up this stuff a bit and
> I think Bradley is on the right track.
>
> First off, the issue here is specifically v7f.  It has nothing to do
> with either v7s or v7k.  I will need to double check, but I'm not aware
> of any fundamental reason why we need to keep v7f around.  If we remove
> v7f, then I'm not aware of any reason to keep the cortex-a9-mp cpu.

Our immediate concern is indeed just v7f, consistency says that whatever we
do to v7f we do to the others, however that depends entirely on others
requirements, we don't have a requirement to do anything to v7s and v7k so
can ignore those if needed.

For v7f, are you suggesting that we take the approach of adding a CPUSubType
option to pass information through to LLVM? Or that we may be able to get
rid of it entirely and forget about CPUSubType generation for v7f
specifically?

Regards,
Bradley Smith