[cfe-dev] "clang.org"

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Tue Nov 12 02:44:27 PST 2013

Just to set the record straight and reiterate what Chandler said, there
hasn't been a problem with patch review at all*

Working with the LLVM community is great as usual and things get done
fast. If anything, a couple of patches I promised I'd take a look at are
blocking on me right now.

I mailed C. Bergström to clear this up and while talking he also kindly
volunteered for the admin role in my previous mail, so he'll be taking
care of clang.org and making sure it works for the community, hopefully
making less of a mess of it than I did.

Chris please work together with C. Bergström to make sure any redirects
or content is in place as decided. I don't have a strong opinion on what
documentation or websites get used at this point besides that it's
perhaps time to move Phabricator to reviews.llvm.org.

* Well, maybe ping on the RewriteRope optimisation (cfe-dev, 2013-11-07)
since I have Chris CC'ed in. That interface was your baby right?

Cheers,
Alp.

On 12/11/2013 08:07, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM, "C. Bergström"
> <cbergstrom at pathscale.com <mailto:cbergstrom at pathscale.com>> wrote:
>
>     I think this was driven by patches not being accepted yet
>

> Can you point to a patch review which is stalled or not making
> progress? Maybe ping them so that the very active reviewers we have of
> windows patches now can review them? I'm not aware of any, but perhaps
> I have missed them.
>

>     Sorry, but why is everyone so upset about this? Every distro adds
>     patches to their "clang" and it's not blessed or "official". Alp
>     is clearly not being hostile, negative and if his work allows
>     people to test the patches before integration +1.
>

> No one has indicated he is, only you have drawn this conclusion. All
> we have said is that this would be confusing to an outsider, and I
> think that confusion is *already* evident.

http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts