[cfe-dev] What are the plans for creating a Windows Binary Release of Clang?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Nov 11 22:25:00 PST 2013

In article <CAHnXoak92=x9OgaVQJrOTzPN3RwuSS8qugGXx1M4ucC-tY3iTQ at mail.gmail.com>,
    Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> writes:

> * How realistic is it to implement a windows libc? A couple things that
> come to mind are:
>   - What is the "lowest level" interface that the libc is going to be built
> on top of (I'm clueless about windows, but for example Linux has a
> documented and stable syscall ABI, which is trivial to interoperate with;
> is there an equivalent of that on Windows? or Mac?)
>   - Are those interfaces stable and documented?

Yes, there are low-level system interfaces for things like: virtual
memory, I/O, consoles, etc.  It is all well documented and has been
very stable for a long time (i.e. since Windows NT).

"Advanced Windows Programming" by Jeff Richter is the defacto reference
<http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Windows-Jeffrey-Richter/dp/1572315482>
Everything is also documented in MSDN online for free.