[cfe-dev] What are the plans for creating a Windows Binary Release of Clang?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Nov 11 09:59:56 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Devin Crumb <bitogre at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I think there should still be an effort to get Clang to have a binary
> release that can be used independently and does not require MSVC or Mingw.

This is (at the moment) an explicit non-goal of the folks working on this
as part of the open-source project. Myself and several others would argue
strongly against pursuing it. We're not going to (both because we don't
want to and because we couldn't succeed even if we did) replace Visual
Studio or provide an alternative to it. Our primary goal is to complement
and integrate with it as best we can.

-Chandler