[cfe-dev] What are the plans for creating a Windows Binary Release of Clang?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Nov 11 09:57:50 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:

> Hello Devin,
>
> We're producing a Windows version of clang at http://clang.org

I think it's really unfortunate that you're running your own website and
rolling your own builds. =/ So others on the list know, this is not in any
way part of the LLVM open source project, it is not being maintained by the
community at large but by some individuals (Alp at least). Putting it at '
clang.org' is a best misleading.

> The main difference from the installer on LLVM.org is that this one is
> dedicated to the clang frontend and aims to test and stabilise the
> latest patches, and is code signed for use in a corporate environment etc.

And that it isn't being produced or maintained by the LLVM open source
project. =[ I think the authors should make that much more clear, and I
hope that instead of running their own website they instead help contribute
to the open source build, test, and release process. (Note, I know that Alp
at least has contributed a few patches, but certainly hasn't been
responsible for the overwhelming majority of the work to bring Clang to
Windows.)