[cfe-dev] What are the plans for creating a Windows Binary Release of Clang?

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Mon Nov 11 07:01:04 PST 2013

Hello Devin,

We're producing a Windows version of clang at http://clang.org

These unofficial builds are updated QA'd daily in the run up to 3.4, and
the focus to package clang as a tooling SDK.

This is mainly trunk, with the patches for bugfixes applied that haven't
completed review yet (MemoryBuffer mmap fix, RTTI mangling error fix for
MSVC ABI etc.) The patches used can all be found on the bug tracker or
here mailing list.

The package is built on Visual Studio 2013 / Windows 8.1 in C++11 mode
so currently doesn't run on Windows XP -- the aim is to see how this
will work out as there's been a debate lately on MSVC versions to support.

Today's build includes the C# binding and a new Windows AST viewer
(Clang Explorer) to help make the package more accessible to beginners.
Python / Node.js bindings are lined up for tomorrows build.

The main difference from the installer on LLVM.org is that this one is
dedicated to the clang frontend and aims to test and stabilise the
latest patches, and is code signed for use in a corporate environment etc.

Alp.

This includes the current set of Windows patches
On 11/11/2013 13:14, Devin Crumb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Clang.  Over the weekend, I followed the instructions for
> building Clang on Windows but because of some issues with the Visual
> Studio 2008 libraries, I had to modify the Visual Studio 2008
> libraries to get Clang to build.  Ideally, I would like to see the
> Windows version of Clang get to the point where you can use Clang to
> build itself and we have a binary release of Clang available for
> people to use for other projects.
>
> Are there any existing plans produce a binary release of Clang for
> Windows and to get Clang and related build tools to the point where
> Clang is the compiler of choice for building Clang on Windows?  If
> there is, where can I find that plan and how can I help?  If not, what
> needs to happen to create such a plan?
>
> Devin Crumb

http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts