[cfe-dev] Help with ubuntu 12.10 packages?

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 14:10:40 PST 2013

I believe you have been inflicted with apt-get syndrome.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libclang1. There is no version of
libclang1(not libclang1.3.4...those are classified as two different
packages!!) in Precise greater that 3.0. Use this one:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libclang1-3.4. It's for Trusty, but it
should still work, provided there aren't any out-of-this-world dependencies.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> I'm trying to follow the instructions on <http://llvm.org/apt/> with
> ubuntu 12.10 and I keep running afoul of apt-get claiming that I don't
> have the right version of package "libclang1":
>
> $ sudo apt-get -f install llvm-3.4
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  llvm-3.4 : Depends: libclang1 (>= 1:3.4~svn193991-1~exp1) but it is not
> going to be installed
>             Recommends: llvm-3.4-dev but it is not going to be installed
>
> However, I have already installed libclang1-3.4 without error:
>
> $ sudo apt-get -f install libclang1-3.4
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> libclang1-3.4 is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 132 not upgraded.
>
> I created the appropriate llvm.list file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d:
>
> $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/llvm.list
> deb http://llvm.org/apt/quantal/ llvm-toolchain-quantal main
> deb-src http://llvm.org/apt/quantal/ llvm-toolchain-quantal main
>
> and I have successfully installed some of the packages listed on the
> command-line at <http://llvm.org/apt/>, but some of them are failing.
> The ones that fail all seem to be dependent on a package named
> 'libclang1' instead of 'libclang1-3.4'.
>
> What's the best way out of this apt-get maze?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> --
> "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline" free book <
> http://tinyurl.com/d3d-pipeline>
>      The Computer Graphics Museum <http://ComputerGraphicsMuseum.org>
>          The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals.classiccmp.org>
>   Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://LegalizeAdulthood.wordpress.com>