[cfe-dev] gdb testsuite results (many regressions)

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 20:42:55 PDT 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM, "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>wrote:

> On 11/ 3/13 12:24 AM, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
>
>> It is this one:
>> http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/clang-tests-external/trunk/

That would be the one, yes. Sorry for the confusion, I just have it aliased
to 'cte' which is, as you found, ambiguous with 'clang-tools-external'.

>>  Thanks - Current gdb is 7.6.1 and what's the plan for the future of
> maintaining this?

For the moment there's no particular plan other than to use what's already
there as a regression suite.

> Did upstream reject the patches?

I haven't attempted to upstream much of any of this - I upstreamed some
bugfixes to the test running scripts, but haven't found the time/urgency to
upstream the actual XFAILs, test changes, etc, and setup a ToT GDB/Clang
bot.

> Hopefully they are friendly to such things...

Probably. I just haven't asked - anyone is welcome to, it's just not a
priority for me right now. The changes I've made to the 7.5 suite in
clang-tests-external should be fairly targeted and easy to find via
revision history and/or diffing compared to the initial commit. If anyone
wants to take those and upstream them to GDB root, that'd be great.

- David