[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.3 Release] Release Candidate 2 Available

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Mon May 27 16:50:47 PDT 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>wrote:

> On 26 May 2013 03:03, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, the closest we have is <http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html>,
>> which details basically what the release manager has to do (i.e., the
>> audience is LLVM developers, and release managers in particular). I really
>> liked the article you linked because it seemed to be targeted at an
>> audience of external developers and packagers, for whom we don't (AFAIK)
>> really have any docs about the release process, how to get involved, etc.
>> Since the audience is different, I think it should be its own page
>> (probably "ReleaseProcess.rst" would be fine, but I don't have a strong
>> preference).
>>

> Hi Sean,
>
> I've created ReleaseProcess.rst, how can I force generation of HTML on the
> rst file without rebuilding the whole thing?

The following incantation should work (invoked from docs/):

sphinx-build -b html -d _build/doctrees . _build/html $BUILD_THIS.rst

Basically, this is the command that the makefile executes by default, with
$BUILD_THIS.rst appended. Trailing filenames given to sphinx-build are
interpreted to mean that it should build just those; if given no filenames
(as when invoked by the Makefile), it defaults to building all of them (it
automatically tracks file modification times and does incremental rebuilds,
though).

Note that partial rebuilds may cause Sphinx to not be able to resolve all
inter-document link references if it doesn't have the link targets cached
from a previous full rebuild.

-- Sean Silva