[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.3 Release] Release Candidate 2 Available

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat May 25 12:52:53 PDT 2013

On 25 May 2013 20:42, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:

> Could you please incorporate this useful document into LLVM's official
> documentation? I think that this is good content for encouraging greater
> external/downstream involvement in the release process. See
> docs/SphinxQuickstartTemplate.rst to get up and running fast.

I sure can. I thought there was already a doc on that at LLVM about that.
If there is, would be good to start there.

> Also, it's weird (possibly disingenuous) seeing linaro.org saying "we" to
> refer to the larger LLVM community (or at least that's how I understand the
> "we" in "we aim to release regularly to avoid keeping stable users away
> from new features for too long").

That was certainly not the intention. The wiki page I sent wasn't meant to
the LLVM folks, but internally to Linaro, and by "we" I meant "the LLVM
community", trying to explain the LLVM release process to Linaro folks.

I'll reword that phrase to avoid any confusion...

cheers,
--renato