[cfe-dev] Can't exec "clang++" Problem

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Fri May 10 18:58:15 PDT 2013

You can open Xcode 4.5 projects in Xcode 4.6 without updating the project files...but no, of course checker-274 should support Xcode 4.5. However, we've had plenty of trouble trying to get the iOS settings just right for scan-build, and the new integration with Xcode 4.6 should make a lot of those problems go away.

I'd really like to figure out what's going on, but if you just want to get unblocked at this point, John's point about --use-c++ should work...

/data/checker/scan-build -o report --use-cc=$clang_path --use-c++=${clang_path}++ $xcode_path -target TARGET -configuration Scan -sdk iphonesimulator6.0

...but if it doesn't, it's possible that the iOS 6 SDK just doesn't work with scan-build's old way of doing things. I do know it can work with the new way because it works on my machine. :-/

The only thing I can think of is that your scan-build script is somehow messed up. Would you mind sending that to me as well, so I can compare it against the one in my copy of checker-274 and the one in trunk?

Jordan