[cfe-dev] naked attribute

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Fri May 3 10:30:33 PDT 2013

> I agree. At least in the clang/llvm mode where we don't care about strict
> compatibility with gcc.
>
> For the serious  embedded programmer, this is a life saver and helpful
> friend.

OK, so what about:

* On targets where gcc supports this attribute, we support it too, no warnings.
* An targets where gcc doesn't support it, we get two options.
  1. Implement it and have a warning that this is a clang extension
  2. Don't implement it and warn about an ignored attribute (like gcc does).

If a target follows 1 or 2 is mostly dependent of llvm having
implemented the naked attribute on that target.

Cheers,
Rafael