[cfe-dev] naked attribute

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:37:52 PDT 2013

Hi Reed,

> Interesting. This all conflicts with gcc documentation.
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Function-Attributes.html

Not if you read the two sections you quoted as applying only to AVR
(since they seem to come from the AVR-specific OS_main/OS_task
attributes).

It means GCC is inconsistent between targets over the behaviour, but
not necessarily inconsistent with its (sparse) documentation.

> When I use the latest code sourcery/Menor release of the ARM compiler I get no return statement.

I seem to get the same for Linaro's Android toolchains, but my VPN is
playing up this evening so I can't check anything more solid until the
morning.

Of course, I have no idea about the other supported platforms.

Tim.