[cfe-dev] Hardware for building LLVM+Clang in 10-20 minutes

Anton Yartsev anton.yartsev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 07:48:56 PDT 2013

Hi all!

I have finally decided to upgrade from my old Core 2 Duo E8500, 6GB DDR2
400 MHz.
Currently the full building+testing of llvm lasts for hours (slightly
faster with VS2008, slightly slower with MinGW) and makes everything lag.
Ideally would be happy to perform build+test for about 10-20 minutes, as
some fast builders do, and have no lags with other useful applications,
such as browsers and Acrobat, during building/testing.
Please can anybody advise me an appropriate hardware? Or just tell, what
hardware the fast buildbots are running (specifically
clang-native-mingw64-win7, clang-x86_64-ubuntu-gdb-75 and
clang-x86_64-debian-fast)?

--
Anton