[cfe-dev] Error running Clang tests on Windows

Michael Price michael.b.price.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 20:48:40 PDT 2013

Does anyone know what would cause the check-clang project from a CMake
generated Visual Studio .sln have the following output when built?

------ Build started: Project: check-clang, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
Build started 3/28/2013 10:34:21 PM.
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "Win32\Debug\check-clang\check-clang.unsuccessfulbuild" because
"AlwaysCreate" was specified.
CustomBuild:
  Running the Clang regression tests
  -- Testing: 0 tests, 0 threads --

  Testing Time: 0.00s
  lit.py: discovery.py:103: warning: unable to find test suite for
'E:/MichaelPrice/llvm-build-vc100/tools/clang/test'
  lit.py: discovery.py:203: warning: input
'E:/MichaelPrice/llvm-build-vc100/tools/clang/test' contained no tests

  2 warning(s) in tests.
FinalizeBuildStatus:
  Deleting file "Win32\Debug\check-clang\check-clang.unsuccessfulbuild".
  Touching "Win32\Debug\check-clang\check-clang.lastbuildstate".

Build succeeded.

I'd really like to make tests for the changes I've made, but if i can't
even run the ones that are there, I'm a bit at a disadvantage. ;-)