[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Handling SRet on Windows x86

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Thu Mar 28 13:15:27 PDT 2013

> How can having an MSVC compatible compiler be to the detriment of clang and
> llvm? No one is trying to break mingw here, merely add support for something
Just to make stuff clear: I just wanted proper naming which will be
non-confusing. Right now we have:
 - isTargetWindows() which really means "msvc-compabile"
 - isTargetWin32() which means "everything on windows", so Windows +
Mingw + Cygwin
 - isTargetWin64() is is basically 64-bit version of isTargetWin32(),
but strictly speaking is slightly different

This naming while being the historical artifact is extremely
confusing. For me it seems the best solution will be something like
this:
 - isTargetMingw() - with obvious meaning
 - isTargetMSVC() - with obvious meaning
 - isTargetWindows() which will include all the flavours (so only OS
will matter here)
 - isTargetWindows() can be combined with existing 32/64 bit checks

This way we'll end with something being non-ambiguos.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov