[cfe-dev] Code owner nomination for cpp11-migrate

Du Toit, Stefanus stefanus.du.toit at intel.com
Wed Mar 13 10:34:42 PDT 2013

From: Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com<mailto:dgregor at apple.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 13 March, 2013 1:24 PM
To: Stefanus Du Toit <stefanus.du.toit at intel.com<mailto:stefanus.du.toit at intel.com>>
Cc: "cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu<mailto:cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu>" <cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu<mailto:cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu>>
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] Code owner nomination for cpp11-migrate

On Mar 12, 2013, at 11:55 AM, "Du Toit, Stefanus" <stefanus.du.toit at intel.com<mailto:stefanus.du.toit at intel.com>> wrote:

Having heard no objection, I'll take that as approval and add a code
owners file to extra tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.

I object to this approach. Code owners in the LLVM community have always been explicitly approved by the existing code owners, and that should continue. We love post-commit review, but not to CODE_OWNERS.TXT :)

- Doug

Thanks – makes sense. That's exactly why I wrote the message since I didn't hear anything in the first place :).

So, would that fall to you, given that there's no code owner for "extra" that I'm aware of? Are you OK with this?

Stefanus

On 2013-03-07 1:26 PM, "Du Toit, Stefanus" <stefanus.du.toit at intel.com<mailto:stefanus.du.toit at intel.com>>