[cfe-dev] Question on where to start contributing to Clang static analyzer

Brian Keng brian.keng at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:39:02 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I think Clang static analyzer is a great project and I'm interested in
contributing. I've watched the "Building a Checker in 24 Hours" talk at
the LLVM dev meeting, and I've seen the list of potential checkers here:
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/potential_checkers.html

So my question is, what's a good place to start and do you have any
tips?  I have some academic background in symbolic checkers/constraint
solvers, and I've been developing C++ for a while now.

My idea is to just pick up one of the (simpler) unimplemented checkers
from the list and implement it to get my hands dirty.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian Keng