[cfe-dev] Running clang with a smaller set of Checkers

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Thu Mar 7 09:04:20 PST 2013

Ah, I see. If you're only running syntax-based checkers (checkASTDecl, checkASTCodeBody, and checkEndOfTranslationUnit), then it's perfectly fine to run without the core checkers.

We've been meaning to make it so the core checkers are enabled by default (and can't be disabled) if any other path-sensitive checkers are enabled, but for now --analyze still has to enable them explicitly.

As I mentioned below, you can make sure the -analyzer-disable-checker option reaches the analyzer by using "-Xclang -analyzer-disable-checker=core,unix,cplusplus,osx,deadcode".

Jordan