[cfe-dev] [RFC] TileGX, a new backend for Tilera's many core processor

Jiong Wang jiwang at tilera.com
Thu Mar 7 08:33:58 PST 2013

Hi all,

Updated the patches for TILE-Gx backend:

1. added initial regression tests for tilegx codegen.
2. added initial regression tests for MC Layer.
3. fixed those commenting style issues.

please review, thanks.

I have tried to understand the new backend requirement for LLVM from the
mailiing list archive,
it's sure TILE-Gx backend will be actively maintained & improved, it's
not a code-drop'd backend :)

please feel free to give suggestions on how could this target get
included in LLVM mainline.

=== Backend Intro ===

TILE-Gx is a VLIW architecture with 64-bit registers, 64-bit address space,
and 64-bit instructions. TILE-Gx has load-store architecture ISAs.

More information on the architectures is available at
http://www.tilera.com/scm/docs/index.html.

features supported
---
1. general function.
2. PIC/TLS/JumpTable.
3. Instructoin Bundling for VLIW.
4. Asm Parser (no support for bundle syntax .s, need modification on generic MC code to support this)
5. MC Layer (support instruction bundle), MCJIT support.

regression result
---
Expected Passes : 13318
Expected Failures : 78
Unsupported Tests : 68
Unexpected Failures: 32
(20 failures are caused by lacking old JIT support)

test-suite result
---
Expected Passes : 949
Unexpected Failures: 17
(all 17 failures has the same output as tilegx gcc,
  most of them are about float precision issue)

---
Regards,
Jiong
Tilera Corporation