[cfe-dev] clang on android

Ben Pope benpope81 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 20:49:59 PDT 2013

On 26/06/13 11:13, Chuanbo Weng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>        As I know, clang can't run on android at current. My questions are:
> 1. Is there some plan that porting clang to android (integrated into aosp)?
> 2. If not, maybe I have to do the porting job myself. What's the main
> difficulty of the
> work?

Just to clarify, you want to develop software on an Android device?

I.e., build the clang toolchain against the Android NDK?

In that case, what issues are you encountering?

Otherwise, the Android NDK does have a version of Clang for building
software for Android.  I strongly suspect there is a release of the NDK
with gcc 4.8 and Clang 3.3 coming soon.

Ben