[cfe-dev] LoopConvert shadowing variables

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Mon Jun 17 13:07:31 PDT 2013

On Jun 17, 2013, at 1:00 PM, "Bernal, Ariel J" <ariel.j.bernal at intel.com> wrote:

> I did try getLookupParent() and I get the same results as getParent(). The problem that I found by using DeclContext it that all VarDecls within the same FunctionDecl share the same DeclContext even if they belong to different CompoundStmts.

That’s the “conservative” part of this. You can use DeclContexts to figure out whether there are any declarations of the same name within the same FunctionDecl, but you don’t actually have enough scope information to tell whether they will actually intersect. For that, you need to walk the statements looking for the actual declaration.

	- Doug