[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.3 Release] 3.3rc3 Now Available

Arnaud A. de Grandmaison arnaud.adegm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 05:49:43 PDT 2013

On 06/07/2013 02:17 PM, Reid Kleckner wrote:
> I'm not sure I follow.  Will the final binaries have a bad RPATH or
> not?  A 1sec startup pause on some (admittedly crazy) systems seems
> like a big deal to me.

To mitigate the problem, I can use a less problematic install_path
(/opt/llvm-3.3 ?) --- which does not prevent a user from installing the
tarball somewhere else, but at least the automounter will not kick-in.

The second point is : for the final release, the package should better
be a real package (.deb or whatever) instead of a raw tarball, so that
it installs and works smoothly on Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04. Unfortunately,
I do not know how to generate those, but I would gladly follow some
instructions :)

Cheers,

--
Arnaud A. de Grandmaison