[cfe-dev] Clang universal driver project state

Simon Atanasyan simon at atanasyan.com
Wed Jul 31 01:58:30 PDT 2013

Hi,

What is the current state of Clang universal driver project
(http://clang.llvm.org/UniversalDriver.html)? Does anybody work on
that project now?

Recently I start to implement support for one more MIPS toolchain.
It's directory tree is similar to Code Sourcery toolchain but has some
difference as well. Sure I can add a bit more folder names to the
clang driver and make GCC detection algorithm more complicated. But I
think it is not a right way.

That's why I'd like to implement the clang driver's configuration file
support. My current plan is to put to this file the following settings
and use these settings in the driver:
- target triple
- include files search paths (-I)
- library search paths (-L)
- program and files search paths (-B)
- explicit paths for files and / or programs

User will be able to select configuration file by --target=<config name> option.

Also I want to code an utility that runs specified gcc with
-print-multi-directory / -print-prog-name / ... options and generates
driver's configuration file.

I plan to send more formal RFC next week. But if someone works on
similar tasks or has any comments or questions right now, I would be
happy to get the response.

--
Simon Atanasyan